Sunday, November 28, 2010

Getting back into the swing of things


It feels like it's been a long time since I've put pencil to paper and draw, well that how the saying goes anyway. I can definitely see that my skills have gotten rusty from the past four months of negligence. Geez... Though I am partially satisfied with the way the last one came though it gave me the hardest time out of the lot. Probably not hat hard to tell but its actually a quick knock-up portrait of Misshannahminx one of those youtube girls that i so happen to come across whist searching for Japanese food X3.  
 

Though admittedly I'm relatively frustrated about how I can never really seem to get anything more then a resemblance when i try and produce portraits of people. I think it's always the eyes that fail me I can never quite get them right when I'm drawing from a reference image. If i remember correctly I redrew her eyes 4-5 times before i was satisfied enough not to scrub them out again.

Well i guess this counts as my first art blog post X3, hopefully with a bit of time i can get a bit of a portfolio happening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment