Friday, December 17, 2010

My New Desktop (Fluxbox)


I've tried a few times to create a fully minimal desktop that uses as little resources as possible whilst still appealing to my tastes. And I have to say I'm quite happy with my current setup, I don't think I've ever had a system this responsive and fast before. X3 login takes roughly 2-3 seconds

Fluxbox (window manager and desktop environment) occupies  2.2MiB of RAM
Conky (displays time and system information) occupies  1MiB of RAM
Tint2 (panel) occupies  768KiB of RAM

Need less to say thats not all the system is running for instance I run a few services like samba, bluetooth and networkmanger, xorg of cause so my system sits at around 100MiB of RAM may be a little more or less.

when I get my configuration 100% how I want I'll probably post my config.

No comments:

Post a Comment